Our List Of 10 Baby Shower Gifts Ideas
10 Baby Shower Gift Ideas
While most expecting parents have probably found all the big-ticket items they need on their registry, there are many different types of presents you can buy for your next baby shower. From onesies and diapers to car seats and a parent’s night out on the town, there are a lot of choices for the newborn in your life.
The good news is that new parents will have a lot of needs they may not have anticipated, and there are a lot of great products out there made to make babies lives happier and parents’ lives easier. With so many options, we’ve narrowed down the list to the ten best baby shower gifts to consider in 2018.
Baby Shower Gift Buyer’s Guide
When trying to decide what to buy for the next baby shower you attend, consider the following types of gifts:
Baby Gender gifts: Think about specifics for gender-based gifts if the parents have disclosed the gender of the baby. This can go deeper than pink or blue-themed items; consider things like headbands for girls and baseball caps for boys.
Necessity gifts: Babies require a certain set of things, from diapers and bottles to blankets and pacifiers. Think of practical things, even if they seem obvious. Mom might need feeding equipment, infant laundry detergent, diaper cream, or even bibs and burp cloths.
Clothing: While baby clothes are needed and always cute, make sure you find newborn sizes up to 2T. Some babies are born larger than others, so without knowing the right size, it makes sense to leave some growing room. Don’t forget about hangers for the new outfits as well.
Toys and books: Buy a gift the family can use for years to come. Toys that can last into toddler years or teething rings are welcome gifts. Instead of outfits they can only wear for a few weeks, books are also priceless gifts that can educate and inspire kids for years.
Furniture: Rocking chairs, strollers, changing tables, cribs, and traveling play pins are great additions for new parents. If you can find a crib that converts into a toddler bed, even better. Traveling parents may also enjoy foldable cribs, so consider the family’s lifestyle.
Gifts for Mom: Take care of Mom with something she can call her own, like a coupon for a massage or pedicure, a professional house cleaning, prepared meals after the baby is born, or even a date-night for the new parents. New moms may need nursing bras, breast pads, or nipple cream as well.
DIY gifts: Some women love to knit baby blankets for newborns so that they can use throughout their lives or as keepsakes. Putting love into a gift is always appreciated, just be sure the handcrafted gift you put hours into is something the parents need or want.
Products To Avoid Spending Money On
Not all products designated for newborns are necessary. Some are simply a waste of money, so you may want to pass on the following (unless specifically requested by mom and dad):
How Much Should You Spend
When deciding how much money you should spend on a gift for your next baby shower, consider your relationship with the parents. If you find yourself wondering how much you should really be spending on your sister-in-law or old roommate from college though, use the following as a basic guide:
Tips On Buying A Baby Shower Gift
If you want to give the best gift, keep these tips in mind:
Top 10 Best Baby Shower Gift Ideas
Here are the top ten best baby short gifts to buy in 2018, from gifts designated for mom, baby, and the entire family, in order from most common to most creative.
Diapers may seem like an obvious newborn gift, but it remains one of the best baby shower gifts. Whether the family is having their first child or their sixth, they will need a crazy number of diapers in the next coming years. Many parents consider diaper showers or gifts stocked with enough diapers and wipes for the child’s first six months to a year as the best gift they received at their shower.
With this baby shower diaper cake that comes in either pastel pink or blue, you have a three-tier cake stacked with diapers. It’s a clever and fun way to hand over the new parents a crap ton of diapers, without being overly cheesy. The diapers fit most babies up to 14 pounds and come ready to use. Plus, the shower has a chic centerpiece that you can buy on Amazon Prime on a moment’s notice.
- Medicine Syringe and Pacifier Medicine Dispenser help parents measure and easily administer the proper dosage to baby
- Nasal Aspirator relieves baby’s nasal congestion
- Forehead Thermometer and Digital Thermometer for an easy, accurate temperature reading
Everything new parents and babies could possibly need in terms of health and wellness, this complete kit comes with pieces that can be used for more than a year at least. Parents can take the kit on the go, whether baby takes a trip to grandma’s house for the weekend or the entire family takes a vacation. The kit includes 21 items, such as:
- Simple, no-guess tying instructions and just one size make this wrap your GO-TO BABY CARRIER for the first three months...
- Stretchy and SOFT, machine washable fabric that will keep your baby close. So much easier to clean than a stroller or...
- ERGONOMIC seat for baby, ergonomic weight distribution for mom and dad! Each time you tie the wrap, you create a CUSTOM...
Wraps like the Boba wrap are highly popular among parents because of the hands-free convince they provide. There are many additional benefits to wearing the baby, and both mom and baby will be comfy with the Boba wrap. This simple sling has no buckles or snaps, but it is easy even for beginners to tie. Plus, the wrap distributes the baby’s weight evenly so ensure comfort for both parties for an unlimited amount of time.
- Durable quilted vinyl is 100% waterproof material that can be wiped clean with a damp cloth
- Contoured walls and quick release safety belt keep baby comfortably and securely on pad
- Security strap underneath keeps pad attached to furniture
Changing pads were designed to keep babies safe during changing time, and this awesome option has contoured walls and a quick release safety belt to keep the baby from rolling away. The foam is comfortable but won’t slide. With two sides and waterproof material, the vinyl is easy to clean with a damp cloth.
- BABY BATH TUB: Three stages of transition from newborn to toddler, comes with a comfortable sling
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: This bath tub for baby features an Infant hammock like sling inside the tub and holds a growing baby...
- COMFORTABLE NEWBORN BATH: Mesh sling provides extra support and comfort during first bath times
Voted the best bathtub by BabyCenter’s Mom Picks Award in 2014, this tub keeps babies safe with a mesh sling and padded headrest. Easy to clean and dry, the tub comes with a drain plug to empty quickly and the mesh is machine washable. The best part is that this piece is designed for both newborns and toddlers, so parents can use this tub in either single or double-wide sinks until their child reaches 25 pounds.
- 3-in-1 Multi Seat – This adjustable seat functions as a floor, booster, and feeding seat.
- Floor seat – Wide leg openings and a foam pad ensure playtime on the floor is supportive and comfortable. The wide,...
- Booster seat – Attachment straps easily convert the Multi Seat into a booster seat so your child can join you at the...
This 3-in-1 booster seat is unique from other boosters on the market in that it can grow with the baby. The Bubo can be used as a booster or feeding seat, and you can even place it on the floor. Thanks to the adjustable base, your child can grow with the comfy seat. Depending on your needs, this versatile seat is great for traveling families and can be used for years. The best part is that a portion of the proceeds from every Bubo booster seat is donated to children in need across the globe.
No products found.
No products found.
A sleepsack, if you haven’t already heard, is a safe way for babies in cold climates to stay warm throughout the night without the hazards that loose blankets in a crib can cause. The design helps keep newborns warm while the bottom zipper allows for easy diaper changes. Doctors and hospitals around the nation rave about the sleepsack’s ability to keep infants safe. Families will love this gift for their first winter, and the sleeveless design will allow the baby not to overheat overnight.
- Our innovative patented design permanently attaching the pacifier to the plush animal, prevents the pacifier from being...
- Designed to keep the pacifier close to your baby without using cords or clips
- Soothie pacifier is made of medical grade silicone-perfect for latex allergy sufferers
Perfect for boys or girls, this pacifier is attached to a plush toy dragon. Thanks to the innovative design, babies can be content and secure while preventing beloved pacifiers and toys from being lost or dropped. Parents won’t have to worry whether they’ve forgotten all their baby’s items while on the go, and latex allergy sufferers can rest assured that the pacifier is created from medical grade silicone.
This toy is a safe, awesome option for newborns or babies under six months of age. So, don’t expect the toy to last through the teething stage, but kid’s love this updated version of the security blanket you might remember from your childhood.
- You will get 1 Pack 47 X 40 inch (120cm*100cm) Soft Baby Monthly Milestone Blanket Shower Gifts. Hight quality flannel...
- Premium Soft and Thick Flannel Material----This Baby Monthly Milestone Blanket is manufactured from premium flannel. It...
- Multiple Uses: You can use this blanket as Baby monthly milestone photography blanket, newborn baby shower gifts,...
A great gift for baby girls, this baby milestone blanket allows mom to take photos of each month of the baby’s first year. Complete with photography props like a blanket and headband to make your photos look adorable; parents can keep track of their baby’s growth each month in an adorable and memorable way. This keepsake offers a creative retreat from thinking about baby’s necessities, and new parents have a backdrop for creating gorgeous photos.
- Amazon.com Gift Cards never expire and carry no fees.
- Multiple gift card designs and denominations to choose from.
- Redeemable towards millions of items store-wide at Amazon.com or certain affiliated websites.
While gift cards are an awesome way to give new parents a great gift they can use for their unanticipated needs, a year of the Amazon Prime service is an extremely thoughtful gift. Priced at just over $100 for a membership, this gift may be best if you are especially close to the new parents. Or, you could chip in on a year-long Prime membership with a group of friends.
New parents will come up with things they need, and with Prime, they can order just about anything they could need with just a swipe. Two-day shipping can even include food and household items from Amazon Pantry, access to Prime Video and music for late night feedings, and unlimited photo storage for all their newborn snaps. This gift is the ultimate baby shower gift because it can be used by the entire family in so many different situations. All their needs can be met without even leaving the house, and what more could new families need?
How We Chose Our Ratings
Because accuracy and honesty are extremely important to us, we do all that we can to create buyer’s guides and top gift ideas you can actually use. To find the best, we scour the internet for information, read product and buyer reviews, and consider the brand’s reputation.
We are committed to researching and recommending only the best products on the market today, and we list out the best of the best to save you a little time and effort in shopping for your next presents. With our list of the best baby shower gifts, your life is a little simpler.
- 10 Baby Gift Ideas
- 10 Baptism Gift Ideas
- 10 First Birthday Gift Ideas
- Top 10 Clever Bosses Day Gifts
- 10 Catholic Confirmation Gifts for Boys
Last update on 2021-01-16 at 07:30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API